Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Well....Get on with It!!!

I'm happy. For the moment. Wait, maybe I started this out wrong...let me start over. I had a great day til I came into work this afternoon. Don't get me started. Lets just say that my boss is the kind of boss that tries to find anything she can to make my day miserable. (and she has the nerve to tell me that I don't have a positive attitude! Go figure!) I came in late after scheduling someone else to work my shift for me, so that I could go to a Dr appt in East Lansing at the Weight Management Center.
My labs look pretty good, although my tsh levels are up & my med will need to be adjusted. I have lost 1 3/4 more inches from my hip area & nothing in the waist...ummpppfffhhh. But my BMI starting out was 53.2 (wow) and I am now at a 41 BMI. Yay!! I am going to try and post my before picture here within the next few wks & also a current picture of my success, so be on the look out!!! I'm in the process of packing up my house to move to a new place (very excited) so I may not get to it straight away, but it will be here soon!
So a curious thing I've noticed. That some people just don't have the 'drive' to achieve certain goals & I KNOW for sure I USED to fall under the same catagory. It saddens me when I see or hear this & sometimes I just wanna reach out & hug but I know deep down we have to want it bad enough to be able to make those changes happen, or else it just can't be done. I saw this quote recently & it hit home:

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading." Lao Tzu

Every new day is a chance to tranform yourself.

I've learned that I was an emotional eater. I did it to pacify my feelings, when in reality it was only hurting me. I have learned that I am the Captain of my ship...and I am the ONE in control. It also helps to have a positive attitude & a support group of friends, or co-workers, or even family. I haven't gotten tired of people walking past me or stopping me to say "wow you look great!!" I'm not sure that I could ever get enough of that, because for once it feels really good to be accepting of a compliment that I KNOW I have worked hard to achieve to get this far! I still think of myself like I did when I was at my heaviest and I probably will for a long time yet. I'm still a little self conscious about 'my space'. The dietician told me today "you'll think that way for a long time yet, then one day you'll be walking past some store shop windows & catch your reflection & you'll stop and say "wow, thats me!" " I can believe that.
I hope that you're all doing well & achieving your goals one small step at a time!!! ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment