Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Chili, my Friend

I love mittens! Alas Mother Nature has turned her cold shoulder and I've had to pull out the mittens & hats for everyone. Did I tell you I love mittens? Of all sizes & shapes, all colors & styles. My hands get cold so easily & I hate to think of my kids hands ever being cold. So our basket overflows with the soft gentleness of hand warming fuzzies.

I am doing great. Weighed myself today. Lost another 5lbs from last thursday. What?! How'd that happen? I expected 2-3, happy with 5, but wow. Guess it's all the walking I do when I'm at work? So total weight loss is officially 70lbs. Whew! The weight management team said it could be a yr before I lost 100lbs..I'm thinkin..NOT. When I lose another 10lbs, I'll have lost the equivalent of my daughter & youngest sons weight combined. Woah.
Today I had chili (my bestest) for lunch. I drank plenty of water today throughout, and I had a fat free yogurt for breakfast. For dinner tonight (while I'm at work) I had a Lean Cuisine dish of Turkey & mashed sweet potatoes, 13g of protein. Which reminds me, I need to take my chewable vitamin!

I haven't hardly any scrubs that fit me nicely anymore. YAY! Well, not yay because if I want to wear them, then its either wear them & almost walk out of them, invest in new, or keep wearing the street clothes that I am finding I've kept in my closet that suddenly fit again & look good. Had a lady I work with today offer to bring in a few things for me since she lost her weight in the past yr or so & she has sizes I am fitting into right now. So, that'll help a bit. I am going to have to break down & buy new bras. NOT one of my favorite things to do, but it has to be done.
I have to admit though, I'm liking the 'new me' I see emerging from behind the layers that have disappeared. But most of all I love the feeling that I'm huggin my kids closer to my heart than ever before!!!
Hope you're all well and that this finds you with a smile on your face!
PEACE ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment