Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Feeling Great!


Hung out last night after drum circle with friends at the Tropical Smoothie Cafe. I love it there! It has such an upbeat and positive atmosphere! I decided to try a different flavor of smoothie last night. I had the 'Muscle Blaster Smoothie' Strawberries, banana & whey or soy protein. I chose whey. It was good but I think I am partial to the 'Health Nut'. It was a great time.
This morning for breakfast I had 3/4 cup of a new cereal I have discovered! It's 'Kashi Go-Lean' cereal. It has 13g of protein, 10g of fiber & 1g of fat! I had my Vanilla Silk Soy milk with it. It obviously doesn't have a whole lot of flavor, but its not so bad. I might not have even taken a third or fourth bite of this cereal before surgery, but I have changed! :) It is amazing the changes that you go through. Not only physically, but mentally as well. I feel 'better' in general. I look at things differently. It's not hard for me to 'not have' all those other foods. It's funny when I am out with family or friends and they think it must be a total daily struggle for me. No, not really. I've made up my mind. There's things I want to achieve, things I want to do. Sure that chocolate cake baking in your oven might smell great too me, sure I imagine what it was like to taste oreo cookies dippin in a glass of whole milk. But my mind is set. And I think it helps that my appetite has not come back all the way yet. I did have what I consider a 'hunger pain'. The chili I made over the weekend turned out fabulous! I did have a few pieces of raw fruit over the weekend. Musk melon & honeydew melon. It was delicious! A nice flavor change.
I haven't been able to weigh myself. I know I've done well, I can feel it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment