Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!


Happy Thanksgiving to you all!! I hope this day finds you content & blessed with 'enough'.
I love this photo I posted. It's from the Chapel of Thanksgiving in Dallas Texas. No, I have never been but if I were traveling that way, this would definately be marked on my 'to visit' list. What a beautiful blessing & what an inspirational vibe I get from it!
I attended a support group meeting this last wkend. Glad I went, I was a little late getting there but it was nice to connect & get information. It lifted my spirits. I had my 3 month post op Dr appt at the weight management center. I have met 44% of my end goal weight already! Yay me! Today I weighed myself & discovered I have now lost a total of 77lbs. Wow. My labs are all doing great, except for my TSH which I've had existing problems with even before surgery. It's just a matter of adjusting the medicine. My body seems not to be absorbing it for some reason. But I feel great!
I've been in the process of moving from one place to another. Whew. Exhausting. Why do I keep stuff? I think I got that from my mother. I got rid of all my 'fat clothes' thus far & clothes that the kids have grown out of, took it all to the Salvation Army. I had a hard time with it at first, but it sure felt great when I dropped it off & didn't have to worry about hauling it all round anymore!! I have another 7-10 medium boxes full of stuff to go yet, but no time since I am back to work already today. Hopefully I can get a friend of mine to drop the stuff off for me, so that I can be done with it!!! I have run across things I haven't seen in almost 2yrs. 2yrs you say? And just why am I hanging on to it if its been packed away 'out of sight, out of mind'? Thats the question that eludes me.....SO I think I will be parting with said 'stuff', because I obviously do not need it. I am VERY excited to have ALL my Christmas stuff in boxes sitting in my new bedrm because this yr I feel like going all out with decorating. I've been Ms Scrooge the last few yrs, not because I don't love Christmas, it's actually my favorite holiday. (all the smells, the good friends, family, the sparkly lights, the abundance of Angels) but because I haven't had the 'space' to be able to display anything. So the kids are going to love it this yr for sure! And mom in heaven, I'm sorry I just couldn't keep some of the things I thought I would always hang on too because they were yours. I realized the memory of you is way better than any material thing could ever be, like the few sweaters I had that were yours, or the darn 5" black & white tv you & dad used to take camping with you when you went. You will be pleased to know however, that someone else will love your old sweaters & get use out of that ole tv set!!! So, in some small way I'm paying things forward, I know how much I love those second hand shops!!!
PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment