Saturday, May 8, 2010

Quiet Day

Ok so maybe not so quiet with 5 kids in the house, but it did start out that way this morning. Kids slept in on this rainy Saturday morning & I tiptod downstairs at 8am to make Bobby's coffee before he got up for work. I enjoyed the bit of peace for all of 15 min before the first foot falls came trudging down the steps & I heard the words, "Mom can you get me a bowl of cereal?"
He pulled out the box of sugar..aka.."Lucky Charms". Ahh the joy, I wonder how long it takes for it to metabolize and for the house to start jumping?
From there I headed to the basement to the laundry area, HOLY HEAPS!! What 2 days of errands and neglecting the laundry can do!! Plus with Mother Nature's ever weeping ways (rain) the drain is not working properly, so that means a slow go of wash. Ugh. Where's the plumber when you need him?
I wanted to be able to do something fun with the kids this weekend like go out & take a walk in the woods and possibly look for moral mushrooms & get some fresh air & exercise. But wet forest and feet doesn't sound all the appealing. Riding bike around town sounds nice, but I don't yet own one & the kids' bikes, well 2 don't have any & the others need air in the tires. See where this is going? Right. Nowhere~ FAST. Would love to go to Abrams Planetarium in E Lansing, but need to check the schedule, sheesh, I don't even know if they have a website, better go check.
Trying to figure out what'll be on the menu for eats today. Bought stuff for hard & soft tacos, maybe the kids will enjoy that. Something easy & fun. I had a half of an english muffin with low fat peanut butter for breakfast & a 1/3 cup of milk, along with my Optifast multi vitamin. Good way to start the day.
Hope you all have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment