Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sunday Sunday


I need a smoothie. **Laugh**, no really, it sounds so good right now & I haven't had 1 since last week sometime. It's a 'want', not a 'need' but at least its a healthy 'want' right? Wish I could have had 1 to start my day out.
Wanted to share this photo. Do you see the Angel? Sometimes we forget when life gets too busy that all we need to do is look 'up'! And sometimes we get pleasant surprises when we do! I've always been fascinated by clouds anyhow. When I was a child my mom would take a blanket & lay it out, or sometimes we would just found a nice comfy spot in the grass & lay down & looked at the clouds & find shapes that made for great imagination & conversation!
I also need a new pair of blue jeans. Ugh & YAY! Ugh because I can't afford it, yay because I am getting closer everyday to my goal! I'm wearing a shirt today that I never thought I would feel comfortable in, but this morning when I put it on..it was 'me' and that feels pretty good. :)
I'm going to look for some 'unjury' today. Protein, that is. A friend of mine found some that is virtually tasteless, so it can basically be added to a wider variety of foods & drinks. I'm excited about that prospect, so that I can achieve a better balance of protein throughout the day.
I celebrated 'cookie day' with my adopted family, many friends, new & old yesterday. Have done it now for the last nine years & enjoy it every year! We gather & bake christmas sugar cookies, frost them, sprinkle them in all the sugary splendor! We all bring our own containers and usually decorate plenty extra for others who can't get out this time of year, or just to spread some cheer. There is a rule during this decorating frenzy, 'if the cookie breaks while your frosting it, you have to eat it'. Of course after a few; the greatness of this rule wears off, but going into it the kids love it! I wasn't sure how I would do this year, not being able to eat any of these tasty treats, but it didn't phase me at all. I did not eat any cookies, though they smelled delicious & looked very sinful! I did catch myself going to lick the frosting off my fingers but decided against this, as I did not want my pouch to hate me! We had fun and filled our 2 small buckets, enjoyed conversation & had a delightful time. Came home and I made my famous spaghetti & meatballs that went over fabulous for dinner, we hunkered down & watched "Horton Hears A Who" for the zillionth time and all was well in the world.
Sitting here with a small tray of colby-jack cheese & THE BEST crackers ever, Triscuit 'Cracked pepper & olive oil'. YUM! A bit of protein with some crunch added! (cheese & crackers).
Alas, I have to get this day in gear, places to go, people to see.
PEACE ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment