Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend


Weekends almost over. Today is the celebrated Labor Day Holiday. Last BIG tourist weekend of Michigan, so then the kids get to start school tomorrow. WOOHOO! Kids & I are spending today cleaning, then off to Papa & Nana's for a quick visit. We spent the past few days cleaning, sorting through clothes and getting rid of what we don't use, can't wear, etc. Kind of a 'end of summer' Spring cleaning, lol. It's felt pretty cathartic too.
We spent yesterday with family. It seemed nice to spend time with since we don't always get the chance to do that. Picked my brother and one of his boys up & met up at my sisters house to grill out and enjoy the beautiful afternoon. She lives out in the country on a rolling hill surrounded by forests & fields, gorgeous. Grilled homemade venison brats. They smelled soooo good. My sis had also made a chicken tofu salad that smelled delicious, but of course, I couldn't have any of it. When we all sat down, my plate consisted of baby squash & chicken noodle stuff out of a baby food jar. Yeah, it may sound gross, but it was actually not that bad. I drank a few protein shakes yesterday so that I could get my protein in. Gonna have to remember to buy a pill holder and put some extra multi vitamins in so that when I go out and about I can still take them where ever I am. Left from there with a friend & the kids to go into Belding for fireworks. Dayum was it cold. Glad I carry a blanket & my fold up chairs in the back, cuz we sure needed them last night. Kids and I didn't get home til midnight or after, since fireworks were about an hr or more away. Drive back was very quiet for me, lol.
Looking forward to class/support group this coming thursday. Curious to see how much more I have lost. I have not purchased a set of scales yet for my home. I'm afraid too, lol. Although I can see my success in my clothes now. Almost bought some new stuff this wkend, but I couldn't do it, because I want to lose more before I go doing any of that. I do plan on buying a bike sometime soon, & I plan on buying the kit that makes the bike stationary inside during those rainy or winter cold days you just can't ride outside. Need to get some walking in today before we get back started on house cleaning, hope you're all having a great weekend!! PEACE.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend! It is frustrating not to be able to join in with others one big food holidays, isn't it? Good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete